This bus was acquired in March of 1929, and used in the migrant camps of the Dos Palos mission center in California. According to an early letter it was the largest bus allowed by law. It was painted pale blue with the Society of Missionary Catechists name and shield on its sides. It was used to get children to a place to teach them, to go on a field trip, to get them to Sunday mass, or as a class room for the children in some missions. It could accomodate up to sixty students, who would not have been able to attend class or mass otherwise. A Catechist was also the driver. These are just some of the responsibilities that the earliest Missionary Catechists took upon themselves in order to instruct their young charges.